A Blog by the Editor of The Middle East Journal

Putting Middle Eastern Events in Cultural and Historical Context

Friday, February 6, 2009

Weekends

Last weekend I posted both days because I thought of something that couldn't wait. Can't say what I'll do this weekend, but it is my declared intention to spend weekends with my family, not on this blog. If I can just get everyone in the region to cooperate . . . If I do post on weekends, understand that it's my choice: nobody at the Middle East Institute is telling me to.

(Actually I'm not even in the office on Fridays, but this is I think my fifth post this Friday. Nobody's holding a gun to my head on Fridays either, but I like to blog.)

Actually, reading the above, it sounds wrong. Nobody's holding a gun to my head other days either. Editors learn to enforce their own deadlines and keep them, and thus hold guns to their own heads.

No comments: